Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Taste of Sweetness Saturday

You know how, in the Fall, you just want to bake and bake and bake to your hearts content?

I LOVE THAT!

Well, I was reading through a Fall magazine and saw an ad for McCormick's vanilla.  I'm not going to say I use their vanilla, but I definitely used their recipe!!  I was super impressed with this one because it really brought out that melt-in-your-mouth buttery/vanilla richness that accentuates the Ghirardelli's semi-sweet chocolate chips and a HUGE glass of ice cold milk.  AMAZING!!

Okay, enough capital letters and exclamation points.  Here's an incredible recipe for highly addicting chocolate chip cookies that you're going to be sad to run out of when you're done...

Vanilla Rich Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients:
3 ¼ C flour
1 t baking soda
¾ t salt
1 1/3 C butter, softened
1 ¼ C granulated sugar
1 C firmly baked light brown sugar
2 eggs
4 t vanilla
12 oz. (1 pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 C coarsely chopped walnuts

Sorry for the blurriness!
Preheat oven to 375*.

In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt.  Beat butter and both sugars in large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla, and mix well.  Gradually beat in flour mixture on low until well mixed.  Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Drop rounded tables spoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.

Bake 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.

Cool on baking sheets for a minute, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

Makes 5 dozen.

* * * * *

Okay, so you know that I didn't add the walnuts, but I'm sure if you're a nutty person you'd love these even more.  Also, as you can see, I'm not good on "equal" rounded tablespoonfuls of dough.  Didn't matter.  I honest-to-goodness made exactly 5 dozen cookies.  I shared some, but these were hard to share, even with my darling husband.  He gave them the thumbs up, too, though, so when that fall weather makes you nostalgic and you want to bake, these are an easy crowd pleaser!!

No comments:

Post a Comment