Saturday, December 24, 2011

Taste of Sweetness Saturday: Merry Christmas edition

 I always say I'm not a huge fan of Rachel Ray.  This is essentially true of her as a personality.  When I see her on TV, I quickly move forward, hoping to avoid (also) hearing her voice.  Maybe that's harsh, but there's something about her that rubs me the wrong way.

However?  She still gets my cash because I love flipping through her magazine and her recipes.  You win this time, Ms. Ray, you win this time...

 At work, we were going to host a cookie exchange for the residents.  Yes, we were already 800+ cookies in at that point, but then - what's another 8 dozen??  Since this was for grown-ups, I went with a more labor intensive recipe (so dumb), but luckily it turned out great, and people seemed to really enjoy them.

And so, here's her recipe for Hot Cocoa Cookies.

I started with a metric boatload of the best baking chocolate a chain store could provide, and escalated it from there!

Super simple.  Roll and bake the cookies...
 As soon the cookies come out of the oven, add some broken chocolate bars to the top.

Then, take a half (hamburger style) of a marshmallow and press it down on top until you see the melt-y chocolate ooze out from the bottom.

Yes, your chocolate will ooze.

No, you don't have to be worried.

Yes, you should refrain from dipping your finger in to taste it at this point, but I promise it's worth the wait!

Finally, shave chocolate on top.  I only had a zester, so my shavings were far smaller than I would have liked.
These are best eaten warm and gooey.  Zap in the micro for 10 seconds after storage
before you bite into one.  Totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment