Friday, January 20, 2012

Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Holy get-me-a-glass-of-milk, Batman!  This is my 99th post, and I thought I'd make something to celebrate.  There is nothing in this world that I like more than peanut butter with chocolate, and since the Brown Eyed Baker has left me drooling over this recipe for a while, I thought this was the perfect time to try it out.

I followed the recipe exactly since the BEB never leads me astray.  At least on her baking recipes.  I've never tried any of her other dinner menus, but I'm sure they are fabulous as well.  Go visit her, she's definitely worth the time.  She's where I snagged my Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes from and I've been hooked ever since!


I was feeling nice today (surprise?) and let me assistant frost the cupcakes.  She never gets to try and practice for our events so I figured, why not?  I'm a benevolent boss, I'm sure.

She played around with tips and without, and we put some mini Reese's PB hearts on them anyway, so the frosting is only there for the peanut-buttery goodness.

And it is so velvety smooth, you'll definitely want to pile it on!


Seriously, you guys.

Seriously... how cute are they?!

Just make sure you have some milk handy.  Between the dark chocolate and the peanut butter, you'll be running back to the fridge for a refill!
I heart you all!  Come back for 100 more recipes and joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment