Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pizza Bread

What?!  {I'm sure you're declaring in mock indignation} Another pizza recipe?!!

Yeah, yeah, I know, but I'm on this easy pizza kick.  Sure, it doesn't get much easier than pre-made dough, sauce, and toppings, but putting them together in different ways is what makes it interesting, right?

Regardless, I found this and this and decided to give it a go.  Much like the Pizza Pretzels, you're just taking a moment to assemble and then bake. No biggie.

Ingredients (that I used, substitute at will):
Pillsbury Rustic French Loaf
Turkey Pepperoni
Shredded Cheese (I used a mix of what was in house - Asiago, Mozzarella, and Mexican 4 Cheese)
Italian Seasoning (to taste)
Contadina Pizza Sauce

Steps: Roll out the french loaf dough.  I found this was easier when I chopped it in half.  I made two loaves because this was an appetizer/side dish for the family and I wasn't sure how much we'd eat. Then, sprinkle liberally with cheese, add pepperoni, and more cheese if you'd like.  Then, roll it and place it seam side down on a greased baking sheet.  I then brushed some olive oil, Italian seasoning, and extra cheese on top.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until nicely golden.  Slice and serve. Best eaten immediately!

So yes, it really is just like the pretzels, just substituting bread and not making the pretzel shape.  We served it with a Chili and a Baked Potato soup.  Those who ate the chili just dipped the bread in that.  I, however, ate the baked potato soup and chose to use the pizza sauce.  Either way it was easy and supper yummy.

Word of caution: I've decided that the only reason I don't like these recipes is because I'm a terrible roller.  I might be a baller, but roller I am not.  That's why cutting the loaf into two short pieces helped because I wasn't rolling and re-rolling the dough to keep up with it.  That's just me...you are probably more dexterous than I am, and if so you can disregard this.  In any case, be quick, then it's easy and (obviously) quicker to enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment