Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pizza Pretzels!


Trolling the internets, as I'm wont to do as of late, has turned up a recipe for Pizza Stuffed Pretzels, which is actually a slightly harder recipe than the one it's based off of from Rachel Ray.

Seriously?  Why make it more difficult.

Ultimately, here's what I did...
Ingredients:
Pre-made whole wheat pizza dough ball
Bag of Mozzarella Cheese
4 oz. of Asiago Cheese
Pepperoni
Olive Oil
Dash of Italian Seasoning
Pizza Sauce (pre-made) for dipping

Thomas stretched out dough until it was the size of a cookie sheet.  I cut it (the long way) into four equal strips.


Then, I added mozzarella cheese, a layer of pepperoni, then sprinkled Asiago cheese.


From there, I rolled it into a log shape, and finally into the pretzel shape.


I placed each pretzel onto a greased cookie sheet.  With a basting brush, I lightly brushed each one with olive oil, then sprinkled a combo of the cheeses on top, as well as a dash of Italian Seasoning.




Finally, I baked them at 400 for 15-20 minutes (I love when the cheese is crisp).  I warmed up the pizza sauce in the microwave, and served the pretzels with the sauce on the side to dip.


Pretty simple for a Friday night, and absolutely delicious.  It's a nice change from the standard homemade pizza, and if you're feeling adventurous, then play around with the fillings.  Make a chicken, pineapple, and (pre-cooked) peppers with a BBQ sauce dipper.  Who knows, but the possibilities are only limited to your imagination.

It may seem childish, but it was darn sure delicious!!

This is an all cheese one I made for myself - plus I only bought enough pepperoni for three of the four pretzels!

No comments:

Post a Comment