Friday, May 4, 2012

Spinach Dip Bread Bowls

 Here's another mini appetizer that I worked on for a party this past week.  You can find the original recipe here.  I bought all pre-shredded cheese, and I made mini muffin size instead of full muffins.

Also, I used the plain Pillsbury French bread, because they didn't have any of the "rustic" version.  No worries, it's just as great.
 You can mix up your spinach dip the day before and store it in the fridge.  I did this to save time on the day of.

Spray down your muffin pan, and use just a pinch of the bread if you're going with the mini size.  I pinched off enough to fill the bottom half of the pan, then I used my fingers to smoosh it down in the middle, and slightly up the sides.

This is far easier said than done, so if it doesn't get there, don't worry.

Next, fill up the remaining portion of your muffin cup with the spinach dip.  You could probably even go with the store bought for this, but I wouldn't recommend it, especially since the recipe is quite easy to follow.
 Finally, you top it off with some shredded mozzarella and bake about 15 minutes at 350.

I kept going until the edges/cheese started to turn lightly golden.

Now, for my final trick, I used a spoon to pop them out.  Sometimes there was far more spinach dip on top than easily accessible dough, so I just placed in the spoon tip and popped them out one by one. I probably could have just tipped the pan, but I didn't want the tops to flatten.

PS: Tomorrow this blog turns One.  Thank you all for your continued support.  This has been a fun journey of pushing myself to try new things with new equipment and in new ways.  I won't get weepy, but I'm glad to keep this project moving forward.  Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment