Sunday, September 30, 2012

Bourbon Meatballs

I'm always looking for new twists on recipes that I know will be a big hit.  For our down home cooking party, I made Pa's Bourbon Whiskey meatballs.

Ingredients:
1 lb bag of frozen meatballs (I happened to use beef this time since they were on sale)
1/2 C ketchup
1/2 C brown sugar, packed
1/4 C bourbon whiskey (I used some 5 buck chuck)
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce.

Directions:
1. Place frozen meatballs in the crock pot
2. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over meatballs, stirring to coat.
3. Turn heat up to high for about an hour, stir 2-3 times.  Then, once the meatballs have somewhat thawed, kick the heat down to low and let it go until they're all cooked and thoroughly warmed (another hour or two), then keep on warm throughout the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment