Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Cajun Crab Dip

Here's a super simple appetizer that you can make in advance and then just bake up when your company arrives.

Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 T sliced green onion
1 T milk
1 T Tabasco sauce  (+++)
1/2 tsp prepared horseradish
1/4 tsp salt
6 1/2 oz crab meat (drained, flaked, cartilage removed)
Slivered almonds for topping (optional)
* serve with your favorite crackers (I loved the cracked pepper water crackers)

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients except the crab.  Once everything else is well combined, gently stir in the crab meat.
2. Spread in a lightly greased pie plate.  Sprinkle with almonds if desired.
3. Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until heated through.

I don't eat seafood, so I know I'm not the best judge at some of these recipes, but I can tell you that I received many compliments on this "dip."  Mine appeared almost like more of a spread than an easily dippable material, but it was still great.

No comments:

Post a Comment